Be a part of a thrilling adventure of 2 Nights and 3 Days with the Chanderkhani Pass Trek to experience the surreal beauty of the mountains! The vistas spellbind you in such a way that you wouldn’t want the trek to get over! Prep your limbs to do the Chanderkhani Pass trek. Chanderkhani is one of the most serene and tranquil passes, located at an altitude of 12000 feet in the Himalayas of Kullu Valley. The trail takes you through the forests of blue pine, deodar, walnut, golden oak and wild cherry. The trek treats you with majestic views of Deo Tibba Peak, Pir Panjal and Parbati ranges of the Himalayan Mountains. It’s the perfect trek for beginners! The easy trails lead you to remote villages and unique cultures of Himachal Pradesh!
Your trek will start from Rumsu located in the heritage village of Naggar, giving you an exciting experience of exploring the remote valleys of Kullu. To reach the dreamlike Chanderkhani Pass Base Camp which is also called Nauya Tapru, you have to pass through the beautiful forests and an enchanting snowland! Chanderkhani Base Camp acts as a starting point for those who ascend higher to the pass. This trek is all about scenic beauty, dense forests, colourful foliage and diversified landscape.
Short Itinerary :
- Day 01: Trek from Naggar to Base Camp of Chanderkhani Pass
- Day 02: Trek to Chanderkhani Pass (3600 metres – 7 -8 hours )
- Day 03: Descend to Rumsu and Departure ( 4 hours of descent )
Day 01 : Trek from Naggar to Base Camp of Chanderkhani Pass
Arrive at Rumsu Village on your own. After registration, start your trek to the verdant sterling forest covered with snow. Delightfully situated on a wooded slope and commanding an extensive view of the valley, it is famous for its temples, ancient castle, and the Roerich Art Gallery. From Naggar, it’s a gradual climb up to Rumsu. It’s a steady and gradual climb on the second day to just below the Chanderkhani Pass at Nauya Tapru.
The trail has dwarf rhododendron shrubs and bhojpatra trees and a walk through the beautiful forests of pine, fir, oak and chestnut trees. Climb up the jungle to reach the Base Camp Naya Tapru. Freshen up and admire the lush green grassland covered with snow!
Spend some time acclimatizing! Overnight stay at the camp.
Meals: Pack Lunch and Dinner
Day 02 : Trek to Chanderkhani Pass (3600 metres – 7 -8 hours )
After a scrumptious breakfast, start your trek to Chanderkhani Pass in the morning. On the top of Chanderkhani Pass (3600m) one can have a striking view of Deo Tibba. Your whole trekking journey provides stunning sights of snow-clad mountains and charming open valleys. Admire the splendid views of the snow-clad mountains while you walk on the snowy trail. Enjoy the moment when you reach your destination. Start descending and return at Nauya Tapru. Enjoy your dinner and overnight camping.
Meals: Breakfast, Pack Lunch and Dinner
Day 03 : Descend to Rumsu and Departure ( 4 hours of descent )
Post breakfast, we start our descent following the same route. We take about 4 hours to reach Rumsu. The trek ends here; continue your adventure to the next destination.
- Safety Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Food as per menu on the trek
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Dome/Alpine Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges , if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, Group Insurance, First Aid and Certification on Completion.
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Transfer from you city to Reporting Base Camp & Return
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
- It does not include any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- It also does not include expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest, changes in local unions/associations rules and situation beyond our control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
- All applicable taxes
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund
- Cancellation made after within 15 Days – No Refund
- Rescheduling dates within the same trek – 20% of trek charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after trek completion date
WHAT TO CARRY
This is a list of essential and suggestive items for individuals doing trek with ADVENTURE PHUNK. This list contains only those items which the participants are required to bring with them. The list excludes those items which are provided by ADVENTURE PHUNK on the trek. We have divided the items into five categories ie Trekking Gears, Footwear, Clothing, Toiletries and Utensils. All the items in the list are essential except for those marked as optional.
- Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Quantity -1
- Hand Torch with spare batteries. Quantity -1
- U V protection sunglasses. Quantity -1
- 1 Liter water bottle. Quantity -1
- Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Quantity -1
- Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Quantity -1
- Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Quantity – 2
- Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
- Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
- Thermal Body Warmer Upper & Lower. Quantity-1
- Quantity – 1 for every day of trekking
- Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck. Quantity-1
- Full sleeves sweater. Quantity -1
- Rain wear (Jacket & Pants). Quantity-1
- Pair of Warm Gloves. Quantity-1
- Woolen cap. Quantity-1
- Sun shielding Hat. Quantity -1
- Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
- Sun screen lotion small pack. Quantity -1
- Lip Balm small pack. Quantity-1
- Small size, Lightweight & Leak proof lunch box. Quantity-1(Shall be provided)
- Quantity- 1; Spoon.Quantity-1(Shall be provided)
- Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Quantity-1 (Shall be provided)
- Power banks
- Camera with extra batteries (Optional)
- Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
- Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
Prior booking mandatory for advance booking please deposit 50% of the total amount in below given account.
How to Reach
By Road: Manali is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 ‐ 14 hours (approx. 540 KMS). Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in
Tip: Since Delhi Manali is a long journey most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30 pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Volvo buses charges between Rs. 1,000 to 1,400 per sector from Delhi to Manali and vice versa. Manali to Delhi: Like the onward journey, buses leave from Manali to Delhi between 4 and 5 p.m. Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
By Train: Nearest Railway station is Ambala (350 kms) and Chandigarh (310 kms). Tip: Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs. 1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa
By Air: Nearest Airport is Bhuntar is 60 Kms. Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs.700‐ Rs. 1,000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher airlines, MDLR Airlines and Jagson Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.
|Start Dates||End Dates||Trip Status||Price|
|1||05 May 2018||07 May 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|2||06 May 2018||08 May 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|3||12 May 2018||14 May 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|4||13 May 2018||15 May 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|5||19 May 2018||21 May 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|6||20 May 2018||22 May 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|7||26 May 2018||28 May 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|8||27 May 2018||29 May 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|9||02 Jun 2018||04 Jun 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|10||03 Jun 2018||05 Jun 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|11||09 Jun 2018||11 Jun 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|12||10 Jun 2018||12 Jun 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|13||16 Jun 2018||18 Jun 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|14||17 Jun 2018||19 Jun 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|15||23 Jun 2018||25 Jun 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|16||23 Jun 2018||25 Jun 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|17||24 Jun 2018||26 Jun 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|18||30 Jun 2018||02 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|19||01 Jul 2018||03 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|20||07 Jul 2018||09 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|21||08 Jul 2018||10 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|22||14 Jul 2018||16 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|23||15 Jul 2018||17 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|24||21 Jul 2018||23 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|25||22 Jul 2018||24 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|26||28 Jul 2018||30 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|
|27||29 Jul 2018||31 Jul 2018||Limited||5999/-|