Friendship Peak (5289m)
Duration – 8 Days
Height – 5289mts
Grade – Challenging
Location – Manali
Date – 5|12|19|26 AUG
About Friendship Peak
Friendship Peak is a majestic mountain, situated at Pir Panjal range, in Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh. This mountain, covered with snow, is perched at an altitude of 5,289 m above the sea level. The best route to access this peak is through Dhundi and Beas Kund. The ideal time to climb this peak is from May to June and September to October. Kullu Manali Airport and Joginder Nagar Railway Station are the nearest airport and railway station. Friendship peak in the Beas Kund area is an ideal non-technical trekking peak for those with limited or no mountaineering knowledge.
Day 01: Arrival in Manali
Arrival at Manali by morning. On arrival transfer to hotel & tent for relaxation till afternoon. After lunch interdiction with arrival team and local guide, and other team members. In the afternoon visit to Hadimda Temple and also an acclimatization walk. Evening free to explore the Mall Road, overnight stay at hotel and tent.
Day 02: Manali -Solang nala-Bakerthach(3500mts / 11480Bmt )
Early in the morning, we have to go by drive Manali to Solang. We meet you at a hotel in the morning. The breakfast will provide is in Solang. Once you are done your breakfast, we load your baggage on your vehicles and depart to the starting point at Dundi. It is one hour drive to get there by vehicles. We meet our rest of expedition team here, which is include cooks and horse man. We leave our baggage with them to put on horses. When we reach Dundi enroot you will trek through lush of green valley and forest. We start our walk, which is through the Palchani Tach. The first day is a little bit short because of lots of things they have to pack on a horse for the first day to distribute the load on horses and also as camping goes with the source of water and next camping is too far the same day where there is water. We reach in camping at around 1 o’clock where we will have lunch and by the time we finish our lunch, our arrival and we sat tents and settle in. Rest of the day is spent in exploring the surrounding. The camping around you can see lots of big snow capped mountain. Before Dinner discussion about next planning. Dinner and overnight stay in camp.
Day 03: Bakertach Camp – Beas Kund Base camp 3690m
Trek to Beas Kund 3690m. Today after breakfast we climb gently to Beas Kund, through boulders and rocks for few minutes. We will now soon discover tiny like of Beas Kund. Now small introduction about Beas Kund, Beas who is the author of The Mahabharata, the great Indian epic, however, some scholars in Himachal Pradesh call this river as vipasha. Beas Kund – beas so named after Rishi (sage ) Beas and Kund is a Hindi word for tiny like. This is the main bass camp for lots of peak like Shitidhar, Ladakhi, Manali and also for Friendship peak. The peaks above 6000m are Maker and Shiker Beh The both are technical and difficult to climb. Lahul Valley region lies to the north of Beas Kund just behind the great wall of these mountains, to the west Kangra as a Dhauladher range. After reaching Beas Kund we are having our hot lunch here. After lunch goes to your tents for relaxation. Our dinner and over night in Beas Kund base camp.
Day 04: Full day in Beas Kund Base Camp
Early In the morning, you can see the top of the Hanuman Tibba when the sun will raise the top of Hanuman tibba rocks are shining, they will look golden color. After having our breakfast we all are going for acclimatization walk around the Beas Kund. We are doing some training is there because some are they don’t know how they are going to use this technical equipment those are they have. If they don’t know it’s ok we will teach you till afternoon. we will teach you some amount of technique that technique you are going to use in climbing like ascending and descending on snow, if you fall on snow how you will stop, about important knots, use of ice axe. After learning these things we are going for having hot lunch. After lunch taking short rest, we are packing our things for advance camp. Then distribute all the technical equipment to the group. After that, dinner and overnight stay in Base camp in Beaskund camp.
Day 05 Base camp – Advance camp
In the morning after breakfast, trek further and establish advance camp. The Camp trek is around 4 to 5-hour walk we start our day with an uphill. These hours depending on speed. You have to walk total uphill. After reached there they are putting our tent own self. When you looking around you can see a great view of mountain lines and you can see both mountains ranges Pir Panjal and Dholadar range. Front of you you can see tall Hanuman tibba mountain. Right of Hanuman tibba, you can see high mountain Maker Beh and shaker Beh. Behind of you, there is head of Friend ship peak, your summit point. Dinner and overnight stay in advance camp. After dinner distributing dry ration to all climbers.
Day 06 Summit Attempts – Bakertach
Early in the morning 3 o’clock, we are going start to move summit. It’s around 6-hour walk between advance camps to the summit. We have to face a lot of difficulty between this climbing like crevasses. We have to climb these crevasses. Around 8 to 9 o’clock, we reach the top of the mountain. When you stand on the top you are feeling awesome. You can see towards the lohul spiti, lots of high mountains, green valleys, Manali town. After summit back to advance camp we are packing our all things and walk down to Bakertach. We are having our Hot lunch there. After lunch, we are taking rest. Dinner and overnight stay in Bakertach camp.
Day 07: Reserve Day
Day 08 Back to Manali
The morning after breakfast descending down to Dundi. After reached Dundi by car to Manali. Manali lunch will ready. After lunch, our Journey Ends with a life lonf Experience and Lots of beautiful Memories
Tariff: Rs 21,000/- Per Person + 5% GST
Prior booking mandatory for advance booking please deposit 50% of the total amount in below given account.
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Trek equipment’s.
- First aid medical kits.
- Qualified & Experienced Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff Certified from Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports
- Transport from Manali to Solang.
- Accommodation and meals in Manali.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Price Inclusions”.
Note : Normally we expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t want to carry your backpack so you can give it to porter/Mules, but you have to informe us in advance and have to pay Rs.300/- extra per day per bag.
To book a Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email.
When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organizing your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
In the event of cancellation of trek/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows:
- 30 days or more before departure – No Charge
- 15-29 days before departure – 25% of total
- 7-14 days before departure – 50% of total
- Less than 7 days before departure – No Refund
Terms & Conditions:
- GST shall be applicable over and above the package prices.
- Your e-tickets will be sent 3 days before departure in case of fixed departure.
- Above rates are Net and Non Commissionable.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
- Meal plan: EP – Accommodation only, CP – Accommodation with breakfast, MAP – Accommodation with breakfast, lunch or dinner, AP – Accommodation with breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of any Visa denial or any delay in Visa process we shall not be responsible for any loss due to the same and no refund will be applicable. Visa approval and process duration is as per consulate /embassy discretion. We cannot guarantee if visa shall be granted and duration to process the same.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.( AC will not work on hills )
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving
License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
- Air tickets issued on special fares are NON REFUNDABLE and Guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the Guest (if any applicable as per cancellation policy) will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
- From 1 June 2016 onwards if any invoice amount is above 2 lacs and mode of payment full or partial is in cash (cash paid at counter or deposited in bank) 1% TCS will be applicable and to be deposited extra on total amount and PAN card copy has to be shared.
- Also do read booking procedure which is given in every package details.
The Company reserves the right to:
- Take the booking for the group tour and individual tour.
- Cancel bookings even after the acceptance of the payment without assigning any reason. In this case the company shall refund the money to the guest.
- Dismiss any guest from the tour for misbehavior especially if it affects the group and Physical or verbal assault to the Tour Manager.
- Withdraw discounts at any point of time.
- Change the routing of Air Travel.
- Change hotel and/tour programmed due to unavoidable circumstances.
How to Reach
By Air :
Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs. 700- Rs1000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher airlines, MDLR Airlines and Jagson Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.
By Road :
Manali is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 – 14 hours.
Things to Carry
✔Sunglasses, Light gloves
✔ Flashlight/Headlamp with extra batteries
✔One liter water bottles wide mouthed
✔Walking stick/Trekking pole
✔Note book with pens and pencils
✔Light wind jacket Sunscreen / Moisturizer
✔Extra passport photos
✔Warm hat and Bandana/scarf
✔Sun hat/baseball cap
✔Wind- and rain-gear with hood
✔Swiss Army Knives (Classic pocket tool)
✔One pair cotton trousers or shorts
✔Two cotton shirts/T-Shirts One warmer (jacket with hood)