The Parvati Valley is one of the most picturesque places in the Himalayan region of Himachal Pradesh. Short break is all you need to explore its magnificent landscape and get refreshed from within. The Kasol to Kheerganga trek is an invigorating journey, which not only unveils the stunning terrain of the Himalayas, but also gives you a chance to learn about the interesting culture of the people living here. You will visit plenty of villages, and there will be infinite opportunities for you to click pictures with the snow-capped peaks in the background.
We begin this Kheerganga trek from Kasol, which is among the most famous hill stations in the Pin Parvati Valley. From here, you will be taken to the hamlet of Barshaini to begin the on-foot journey. The 12-km trail from here provides you with ample opportunities to explore the natural bounties of the region. On the way, you will find numerous charming waterfalls that will convince you with their allure to take a picture. One sight of the astonishing serpent-shaped waterfall of Rudra Nag will give you a new perspective on nature. These splendid waterfalls are among the highlights of the Kheerganga.
All your tiredness of the hike will be washed away with a sight of the mystical hot springs of Kheerganga. You can step in it to tackle the cool weather. The one-of-a-kind experience of relaxing in a hot spring while admiring vistas of snow-capped peaks will remain with you forever as memories. The vistas from an altitude of about 13000 feet will also leave you spellbound. You get to spend the night here amidst the mighty snow-laden mountains. The second-day journey back to Kasol gives you another chance to admire what you might have missed on the first day while trekking from Kasol to Kheerganga. The trek is graded easy; therefore, almost anybody can undertake it with a little bit of preparation.
Nature of Trip: Camping.
Trip Duration: 2 Night & 3 Days
Group Size: Minimum 1 and Maximum 10
Participation Fee: INR 3,500/- Per Person
Fixed Departures: Every Day Fixed Departure from Kasol (Everyday)
Who Can Join: Open for Solo Travelers, Couples, Group of Friends & Families Inclusions: All meals at Camp, Expert Guides & Potter to carry the tents and sleeping bags for the camping
Reporting Months: January to December(Everday)
Short Itinerary :
- Day 01: Kasol – Chalal – Riverside Camping
- Day 02: Kasol – Barshaini – Rudra Nag – Kheerganga
- Day 03: Kheerganga – Rudra Nag – Barshaini – Kasol-Bhuntar-Delhi
Day 01 : Kasol – Chalal – Riverside Camping
Welcome to the Parvati Valley. On reaching Kasol, take a breath of fresh air amidst views of picturesque hills and head to the campsite. Relax in the green space by the Parvati River and enjoy a filling breakfast before you start your Chalal Trek from Kasol. En route to Chalal, explore the ‘Little Amsterdam’, the lanes of Kasol lined with vibrant souvenir shops and Israeli cafes. A two-hour walk will take you to the small, enticing village of Chalal which is a popular hub for Trance and crazy parties held deep in the forest. Cradled in the conifer dense forest, the village gives you much scenic beauty to admire, right beside the wildly flowing Parvati River. After spending a wonderful day in Chalal, get back to your campsite in the evening. Enjoy dancing around the bonfire, as you have a scrumptious dinner by the riverside.
Day 02 : Kasol – Barshaini – Rudra Nag – Kheerganga
Welcome to the Parvati Valley. From here we will experience the Local Bus travelling through Kasol Village, Manikaran Gurudwara & Barsheni . Early Morning Arrival at Barsheni. Here you will be meeting your guide and start a Trek to Kheerganga. The short trek to Kheerganga through the waterfalls and bridges by the tremendous river flow of Parvati will make you see the panoramic skies, vast greenery & dense forest. Once you get to the top though, there is nothing that feels better than a hot spring bath at Parvati Kund after 12 Kms of 5-6 Hours Trek.(Overnight Camping and Dinner at Kheerganga)
The thrilling Kheerganga trek begins from the small village of Kasol, situated on the banks of the serene Parvati River. After pickup, move to Barshaini, the point of confluence of the Parvati and Tosh Rivers, to start hiking. Report at base camp before 10 AM to start the trek. While strolling through the magnificent landscape of Himachal Pradesh, you will be treated to majestic sights of nature. On the trail, pass a few wooden bridges and some slippery sections. During this part of the Kheerganga trek from Kasol, your eyes also feast on many picturesque waterfalls; remember to take pictures of every single one of these.
Later, arrive at Rudra Nag, and take a small halt to admire the beauty of the landform. The serpent-shaped waterfall has become one of the biggest tourist attractions in the Parvati Valley and a popular stop for trekkers.
The approximately 12-km hike along the gushing Parvati River also takes you to the villages of Kalga and Pulga. This is a great time to learn about the local way of life and see how people survive here. Interact with the locals and click a few pictures with them to save as memoirs of the amazing time you have on the Kasol to Kheerganga trek.
After reaching the green meadow of Kheerganga, take a refreshing dip in the hot springs to wash off the fatigue of the journey. The cool weather and vistas of the mighty peaks of the Himalayas, and the therapeutic water of the hot springs is a unique combination; an experience you will remember for the rest of your life. Later, enjoy a good night’s sleep in your camp to gather energy for the next day.
Day 03 : Kheerganga – Rudra Nag – Barshaini – Kasol-Bhuntar-Delhi
Wake up to a magnificent view of the Himalayan peaks and prepare for the journey back to Kasol through the same route you took to reach Kheerganga. Seize this opportunity to click pictures of the Himalayan landscape once again. The picture-perfect waterfalls en route treat your eyes, and soon you arrive in Barshiani. From here, head back to the buzzing hill station of Kasol, where this enthralling experience of trekking from Kasol to Kheerganga ends, leaving you with never-ending memories. From here transfer to Bhuntar and board a Volvo to Delhi.
- Safety Equipment
- Services of a Trek Leader
- Food as per menu on the trek (Breakfast and Dinner)
- Services of Trek Guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Transfer from Kasol to Barsheni and Barsheni to Kasol
- Stay in Camps/Homestay/Dome Tents, Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges, if any
- Experienced & Professional Guides, Group Insurance, First Aid and Certification on Completion.
- Meals during road journeys
- Cost of any kind of travel insurance
- Any expense not specified in the inclusion list
- Transfer from your city to Reporting Base Camp & Return
- Personal expenses towards tips, telephone calls, laundry, beverage, insurance etc.
- It does not include any airfare or transportation or extra over and above the expedition plan.
- It also does not include expenses towards medical exigencies and other emergencies, unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest, changes in local unions/associations rules and situation beyond our control. However, all best possible assistance would be provided in case of exigencies.
- All applicable taxes
We would love to host you, but in case you are unable to travel as planned and need to cancel your booking, do not worry. Our simple cancellation process makes sure you receive a quick confirmation and fast refunds.
- Cancellation made before 30 Days – 70% Refund
- Cancellation made within 30 to 15 Days – 50% Refund
- Cancellation made after within 15 Days – No Refund
- Rescheduling dates within the same trek – 20% of trek charges subject to availability
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 30 days after trek completion date
WHAT TO CARRY
This is a list of essential and suggestive items for individuals doing trek with International Youth Club. This list contains only those items which the participants are required to bring with them. The list excludes those items which are provided by International Youth Club on the trek. We have divided the items into five categories ie Trekking Gears, Footwear, Clothing, Toiletries and Utensils. All the items in the list are essential except for those marked as optional.
- Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Quantity -1
- Hand Torch with spare batteries. Quantity -1
- U V protection sunglasses. Quantity -1
- 1 Litre water bottle. Quantity -1
- Non-skid deep treaded hiking shoes Quantity -1
- Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Quantity -1
- Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Quantity – 2
- Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
- Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
- Thermal Body Warmer Upper & Lower. Quantity-1
- Quantity – 1 for every day of trekking
- Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck. Quantity-1
- Full sleeves sweater. Quantity -1
- Rain wear (Jacket & Pants). Quantity-1
- Pair of Warm Gloves. Quantity-1
- Woolen cap. Quantity-1
- Sun shielding Hat. Quantity -1
- Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
- Sun screen lotion small pack. Quantity -1
- Lip Balm small pack. Quantity-1
- Small size, Lightweight & Leak proof lunch box. Quantity-1(Shall be provided)
- Quantity- 1; Spoon.Quantity-1(Shall be provided)
- Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Quantity-1 (Shall be provided)
- Power banks
- Camera with extra batteries (Optional)
- Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
- Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
Note: Normally we expect to carry your personal luggage on your own if you don’t want to carry your backpack so you can give it to porter/Mules, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra per day per bag according to the Tour.
To book a Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email.
When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation email with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organizing your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
In the event of cancellation of trek/adventure activity services due to any avoidable/unavoidable reasons, we must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows:
- 30 days or more before the date of departure: 50% of total cost.
- Cancellation made 45 days prior or before departure – Advance amount will be forfeited.
- Cancellation made 30 days prior or before departure – 35% of package price or Advance whichever is higher will be forfeited.
- Cancellation made within 30-15 days to departure – 50% of package price will be forfeited.
- Cancellation made within 15 days to Departure – 100% of package Price will be forfeited
- In the case of no show – 100% cancellation applicable.
How to Reach
By Road: Kasol is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight Volvo bus from Delhi to Bhuntar(490 Kms) and then a local taxi or bus from Bhuntar to reach Kasol(Roughly 50 minutes & 30 Kms journey). You will reach Kasol in 11 ‐ 12 hours (approx 520 KMS). Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in All buses from Delhi to Manali/Kullu go through Bhuntar, so just inform the conductor to drop you there. Tip: Since Delhi to Bhuntar is a long journey most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30 pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Volvo buses charges between Rs. 1,000 to 1,400 per sector from Delhi to Bhuntar and vice versa. Bhuntar to Delhi: Like the onward journey, buses leave from Bhuntar to Delhi between 5 and 6 p.m.
Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
By Train: Nearest Railway station is Ambala (350 kms) and Chandigarh (310 kms). Tip: Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Bhuntar in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs.1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa. All buses from Delhi to Manali/Kullu go through Bhuntar, so just inform the conductor to drop you there at Bhuntar. Local taxis or buses are available from Bhuntar to reach Kasol(Roughly 50 minutes & 30 Kms journey).
By Air: Take a flight from Delhi to Bhuntar (also known as Kullu airport) and then a bus or cab to Kasol. Bhuntar which is 32 km away from Kasol, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Kasol, which costs about Rs.700‐ Rs. 1,000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher airlines, MDLR Airlines and Jagson Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.