May – November
1 Nights/2 Days Trek
Choose any Date with Minimum group of 3-5 people
Location : Parvati valley, Himachal Pradesh
Famous for : Trekking, Hiking
Route : Kasol – Manikaran – Barshaini – Rudra Nag – Kheerganga
Elevation : 2,960 m / 8825 ft.
Duration: 1 Night/ 2 Days
Best Season : May – November
Level : Beginners
About Kheer Ganga Trek
Kheerganga is situated in Parvati Valley at a distance of 22 km from Manikaran. For Kheerganga, one has to go by motor-able road up to a place called ‘Barshaini’ and from there to Kheerganga on foot. This trek leads through hilly terrain. This is the place where ‘Kartik Ji’, the elder son of ‘Lord Shiva’ remained in ‘samadhi’ for thousands of years.
Kheer Ganga is one of the most refreshing treks that you can go on anywhere. The natural hot-water-spring experience is something that you will remember for a lifetime. Most people who reach this place always come back for seconds as there you can simply not get enough of such a place. The place is open for about 7 months in a year and is not permanently inhabited.
The trek is very pleasant and offers some exhilarating views. The vegetation changes dramatically and opens up into a flatland that is graced by the occasional tent, the few guest houses and cafes and the temple premises which also comprises of the hot water spring.
Note: Kheer Ganga is not just a trek in the Himalayas, it is more of a spiritual journey with adventure. You will have plenty of fun, Local Dishes, bonfire, Games, Competition and Potters facility also available (only on previous request) while on trek.
So come and let the picturesque surroundings of Kheer Ganga weave their magic on you and rejuvenate your senses.
Day 1: Reporting to Kasol – Before 9 AM ,Ride from Kasol to Barshaini from local bus and then trek to Kheerganga
Day 2: Trek from kheerganga to Barshaini and then to Kasol by evening.
How to Reach
For Kheerganga trail, our base camp is at Kasol which is linked by road to Kullu via Bhuntar. It is 5 km short of Manikaran, famous for hot water springs.
Regular bus service is available from Kullu and Bhuntar to reach Kasol. Direct buses are also available to Manikaran from Chandigarh and other parts of Punjab. Nearest railhead are Joginder Nagar, Pathankot and Chandigarh.
Nearest airport is Bhuntar. Delux, Semi Delux and ordinary night/day buses are available from Delhi, Chandigarh and other parts of Punjab.
Take a bus from Delhi and Reach “Bhuntar” —- 12-13 hours Take a local bus from Bhuntar to Kasol —– 30 minutes
Cost Per Person
- 1,800/- (11+ Participant)
- 2,200/-(6-10 Participant)
- 2,800/-(3-5 Participant) (5% GST Extra)
- (Guest House/Camping Tents on Double/Triple Sharing)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.)-MAP (Breakfast & Dinner)
- Trek equipment’s.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- Transport from Kasol – Manikaran – Barshaini and return Barshaini to Kasol.
- Meals other than specified.
- Accommodation and meals After or Before Trek.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Inclusions”.
Note: Normally we expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t want to carry your backpack so you can give it to porter/Mules, but you have to informe us in advance and have to pay Rs.300/- extra per day per bag.
To book a Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email.
When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
In the event of cancellation of trek/adventure activity services due to any avoidable / unavoidable reasons we must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows: –
Cancellation charges: –
- 30 days or more before departure – No Charge
- 15-29 days before departure – 25% of total
- 7-14 days before departure – 50% of total
- Less than 7 days before departure – No Refund
The Company reserves the right to:
- Take the booking for the group tour and individual tour.
- Cancel bookings even after the acceptance of the payment without assigning any reason. In this case the company shall refund the money to the guest.
- Dismiss any guest from the tour for misbehavior especially if it affects the group and Physical or verbal assault to the Tour Manager.
- Withdraw discounts at any point of time.
- Change the routing of Air Travel.
- Change hotel and/tour programmed due to unavoidable circumstances.
Things to Carry:
- Cotton clothes
- Good trekking shoes
- Warm jacket
- Woolen or monkey cap covering head and ears
- UV rays protected sunglasses
- Extra socks
- Water bottle
- Cold Cream, Sunscreen, Toilet Soap, Towel
- Walking Stick
- Personal Medicines